Do you have questions or issues with EG-Series?
How to get support
- Read the documentation provided,
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions below,
- Read the forums threads in WordPress.org,
- If you still have a question, please ask it in the dedicated page of the plugin repository (it’s free).
I have 404 page not found error after activating the plugin
Go to the Settings / Permalink menu, and just click on the save button. This operation will regenerate the permalinks rewrite rules, and the error will disappear.
How to delete a serie?
- Version 1.x: A serie is automatically deleted when there is no more post inside. So, you can use the Posts / EG-Serie Posts, to delete the serie from all the posts,
- Version 2.x: Go to menu Posts / Series, select series you want to delete, and click on delete button
How can I modify the style of lists?
Lists use standard HTML tags `ul` and `ol`. So, EG-Series will use the existing styles of your theme. If you want to customize the lists, the plugin provides some CSS styles:
- For the list of series: `.eg-series-series` et `.eg-series-series-item`,
- For the list of posts: `.eg-series-posts` et `.eg-series-posts-item`
I currently use the plugin Serial Posts, can I easily move to EG-Series?
- Version 1.x: Uninstall the plugin [Serial Posts](http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/serial-posts « Serial posts »), and install the plugin EG-Series. In the menu Settings / EG-Series, modify the custom field option, by specifying `Serial`,
- Version 2.x: You cannot get your Serial posts series, from the EG-Series plugin. You have to re-create your series.
How can I move from EG-Series to Serial Posts?
- Version 1.x: Before uninstall EG-Series, modify the custom field option, in the menu Settings / EG-Series, specify `Serial`. Then uninstall widgets, if required, deactivate the auto shortcode option, and finally uninstall EG-Series. You can then install the plugin [Serial Posts](http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/serial-posts/ « Serial posts »),
- Version 2.x: You cannot get your EG-Series series, from the Serial posts plugin. You have to re-create your series.
I use the plugin In-Series of , series of Justin Tadlock, or Organize Series of , can I move to EG-Series?
- Version 1.x: There is no gateway or import function for these plugins.
- Version 2.x: Nothing to do. These plugins use the same taxonomy, named serie. So no conversions are required to move from these plugins to EG-Series, but also to move from EG-Series to these plugins.
How can I modify the date format in the posts list?
By default, EG-Series uses the date format entered in the option page of WordPress. But you can change this format, by editing the field « Date Format » in the option page of the plugin.